Monday 28 February 2011

New Frocks for Nights Out

My lovely flatmate Anna and I have forgone a social life this term in favour of nights in watching the O.C and gossip girl in our pyjamas, and have turned into student hermits. This week we decided to break out of our rut and have gone out a few times in two weeks, starting last Saturday to 90 degrees and Kaos in Southampton, with the gorgeous 4 Wilton ladies. The following Tuesday we went to pre drinks and 90's for our friend Emily's 21st, although being the drunk weakling that I am, I neglected to make it to the final destination of Audio!
I bought a new dress from Boohoo for the occasion. I have never ordered from there before, and have only online shopped for clothes a handful of times, but with a few big nights out planned and West Quay devoid of options I decided to splurge and order two dresses. The first dress I bought is a black and white striped number, which has a slashed neckline and nipped in waist, with a lovely skater style skirt. This is my usual style, as I don't have the figure or confidence for body-con unfortunately! 


I wore my big voluminous hair extensions and simple gold jewellery, as anything too bold would have looked silly with the dress.
On Saturday I attended the 21st birthday party of one of my flatmates from halls, which was held on a boat that sailed around the Southampton docks. I went with my flatmate Anna, our flatmate next year Joanna, and Vicky. It was a really good night, even though my smuggled vodka got confiscated by a bouncer, which meant we had to fork out £10.50 for a bottle of absolutely vile rose wine!
I wore my other boohoo dress, although unfortunately I don't have any full length pictures of me wearing it. It is a beautiful bright green colour, with a high neckline covered in chiffon flowers. I wasn't crazy about the style, but I loved the colour so much I bought it anyway, and it was only £20. I wore it with nude courts, gold jewellery and my amazing five dollar earrings I picked up in New York in December. 
Anna and I forcing down the wine

my bargain-ous $5 earrings
It was a really good night, and it was nice to see everyone all dressed up on a boat, although I did feel a little bit like I was at my year 11 riverboat prom again! I know its a long way off, but I have no idea if I'll throw a big fancy party for my 21st, although it would be nice it seems like a lot of hassle.
Did anyone else do anything nice at the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment